Friday, October 23, 2009

Famous Beard of the Day

October 23, 2009



















Today's Famous Beard of the Day is American record producer Rick Rubin. His beard is so incredible he's often confused with the creator of the heavens and earth.

A few facts about Ricky:
He was born Frederick Jay Rubin.
He's currently co-head of Columbia Records.
He's co-founder of Def Jam Records.
His credits include (take a deep breath)
Beastie Boys
Run D.M.C.
Johnny Cash
ZZ Top
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Jay-Z
Metallica
Slayer
Weezer
The Avett Brothers
And more!

It's not known how long he has grown his beard for (or at least it's not on Wikipedia). But if I had to guess, he's been growing it since he was born on March 10, 1963. We call that "dedication." It takes a certain kind of man to do that. Rick Rubin is that man. If I ever saw him I'd probably want to curl up in his beard and watch Saved By the Bell re-runs on my family room floor.

Think I'll throw on Paul's Boutique and boogie down to some Rubin-produced gems.

1 comment:

Andy G. said...

I hate to do this to you but the Dust Brothers produced Paul's Boutique. RR only produced Licensed to Ill as the BB left Def Jam b/w LtI and P'sB. I love you so much.