Wednesday, September 30, 2009

First Post

Tim and I went to see our mom this past Sunday afternoon for some snacks and football.
(to give you a time frame: this is 2 days after entering the Beard-Off Competition)
She's sitting on the couch beside me. I can feel her looking at me. It becomes more and more frequent until finally I turn to her.

"What?!"

She says, "I don't know why you have to make yourself look more ugly?"

Which brings us to the question - Why grow a beard?
1. you're a man (or at least not a child or woman)
2. you teach philosophy at a prestigious university
3. you're in a beard-off

All 3 for me.

It's a long road ahead, but I'm certain it will be a fulfilling experience. I've already begun to grow hair on my face. I'd say for me, the best way to describe the competition so far is like training for the Olympics with Dean Cain. He's so distractingly handsome.



Check in for more updates.

DC

I leave you with some dudes with (totally) excellent beards:

No comments: